Monday, May 16, 2011

shake the dust

this one is for all the skaters not on drugs
the jock that would rather sing
look up
this next line is for the infertile woman
the pregnant teen girl
the honest politician
the givers and the choosers
this one is for you so stand up
you know who you are,
the kids that think no one notices them
the dad that feels like he cant do anything right
the son that wants to be like his dad
the mothers who dont know where their baby boy is sleeping tonight
the teacher that feels like he is teaching to the wall
stand up and shake the dust
even if your the ugly girl
the kid with no date
the girl left home on prom night
the boy that has not kissed
the one who is always calling never getting called
the girl that cant look in the mirror without wanting to see someone else
this one is for all of you, that always want but never have.
stand up and do it

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel like I'm teaching to the wall. And I was the kid with no date. And I was the one who was always calling, never getting called. Hey...did you write this poem for me? (I'm not the ugly girl, though. And I was never left home on prom night. So maybe this was just a general poem and it wasn't for me. I'll need to do some more research.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that a lot of this is directed towards teens.it was good! i like it!

    ReplyDelete